Saturday, December 31, 2011

Boy's First Christmas

December has been a busy month to say the least, but it has been one of the most fun!  The boys are meeting more milestones and that is one of my most favorite things.  There is nothing better than watching a child learn or discover something for the first time!  Blake is so close to crawling and Bennett can now sit on his own!  On Christmas day Bennett gave us the best gift of all...he ate all of his bottles on his own for the very first time!  He hasn't done it since then, but now we know he can do it...it's just a matter of if he wants to!  The boys are 'talking' and interacting with each other more, it's great to watch them carry on a conversation.


Some interesting adventures this month include trying to find a new nanny.  The interview process has been interesting.  We interviewed 3 people.  One had a language barrier and made the boys scream, one was perfect but wasn't available for very many hours, and the other was an interesting caracter that I wouldn't leave the dogs with.  We offered the job to the perfect nanny eventhough she didn't have as many hours as we would like and then she called to say her car was broken and she didn't know when she would be able to get it fixed.  I think this is a sign that I need to put my big girl pants on and figure out how to take both boys out at the same time.  They are getting much better when we take them out and I am starting to think that I can do it with some extra planning.  Guess we will find out when Jason goes back to work!

Blake got his second hair cut just this week.  He was starting to get mistaken for a girl so we thought it was time!

We have been working on getting the boys to sleep through the night and we have been fairly successful.  Bennett is totally my child and likes to sleep in and Blake takes after Jason and usually is up at 5am for a bottle and if we are lucky he goes back to sleep.  There has been some crying through the night and it makes you feel like a terrible parent, but I am a much better parent during the day when I have slept the majority of the night!  They will thank me when they are older!
Opening presents on Christmas morning!


Christmas with cousin Maddie


Opening presents with his Mia


Mickey is Bennett's favorite TV show...he watches everytime he eats his bottles and now he has a Mickey of his own...He really only likes to chew on his ears!





9 months old!

How cute are they??
Here are a few 8 month picts since I forgot to post them


8 months old!



Poppy teaching Blake to crawl

 
We made 1st Christmas ornamates with the boys feet prints!

Tonight as we look forward to 2012, I must admit that I am anxious to see what the new year holds for our family.  2011 has many memories that I never want to forget and a few that I wish could.  It has been the hardest, most emotional year of my life, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  My hope for the new year is that our family stays healthly, I'm able to become more of the parent that I aspire to be, and that we enjoy the simple things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment