Monday, March 26, 2012

1 Year Old!

I planned for months for the perfect first birthday party for my boys.  Nothing so far with these two has gone as planned so why should their first birthday?

On Friday, their actual birthday, I was out running errands for their party the next day when my mom called me to tell me Blake was sick and had fever.  By the time I got home it was 103.2 and we were off to the doctor to get diagnosed with a double ear infection.  Later that night when we went to give Bennett a bath he felt warm and he was 101.4 and we were off to urgent care with him to find out he had nothing other than a virus.  Not quite how I wanted my babies to spend their first birthday, but it for sure made it one I won't forget!

Despite the fever, we decided to warn our friends of the "Hot Zone" that our house had become and still had a birthday bash!





Overall it was a great party and we got to spend some time with our family and friends which is a rare thing these days!  Now on to see what the next year has in store for us...each new phase is better than the last, so I can only imagine the memories we will make!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry we couldn't make it! Jeff said it was a great party and hopefully we can stop by when they are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete