Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The List Keeps Growing...

Yesterday we found out that some x-rays they took of Bennett's neck, before they could start therapy to stretch it, came back with some issues.  The radiologist said that there was concern for instability at C1 and a possible malformation of the vertebrae.  While yes it's concerning to hear things could be wrong with your child, this one was the last bit of news I could take with a good attitude.  I just feel like Bennett has been through so much and is such a trooper.  I would put him up against any baby to be the happiest baby ever!  I feel like all I hear is what's wrong with Bennett with all the appointments we go to, and I am just waiting for the day when someone says "Everything is great, we don't need to see you anymore."  I feel like we need to stop adding to the list of things Bennett needs to work on (he already has plenty and we do good to fit it all in sometimes) and just let him be a baby, and I don't want to feel like a bad parent for doing that.

Thankfully after going to Scottish Rite today, which by the way is an AMAZING hospital (I would know...we have been to all DFW has to offer), they feel that his neck is fine for now and that we need to have it looked at again in 9 months.  At that time they will probably have to sedate him for a MRI.  I'm just thankful they didn't want to do that now since he has only been off oxygen a short time.  They also told us that unless we just wanted to for cosmetic reasons that they didn't see a need for him to get evaluated for a helmet.  That was great news to us too because I was dreading having to take it on and off after seeing how much he hates us to put his arm brace on every night.

I know it sounds silly, but I see Bennett as a 'normal' baby despite everything he has been through and I'm just ready for him to get to feel like a 'normal' baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment