Wednesday, February 9, 2011

3 Weeks and Counting

Today marks 3 weeks that I have been in my new humble abode.  Not too many exciting things to write about thankfully.  The babies are behaving during their monitoring 95% of the time.  I think they are tired of being messed with and like to give the nurses a hard time sometimes.  They aren't fond of the monitor or the pressure from the bands that hold them on...they always start to kick right where the monitor is.
Babies on the monitor...not one of my finer looking days!

Bennett has the hiccups!  Listen for the rhythmic scratchy sound.


We had another sonogram on Saturday...no new pictures :-(  We discovered Blake has a large head (he takes after Jason!).  It measured about 2 weeks ahead of where he is, but everything looked normal.  Blake weighed 2 pounds 2 ounces and Bennett weighed 1 pound 12 ounces.  They didn't gain as much weight as I was hoping considering I gained 4 pounds.  I was just certain that I would have 2 3 pound babies in there!  Guess I should cut back on the Snickers ice cream cones :-)


Despite my weight gain I think they are worried I'm not eating enough.  They started sending up Carnation instant breakfast drinks with all of my meals for a extra 350 calories per can and they keep asking if I'm eating.  I don't think they realize how much I actually eat, it's just not the food they send me.  I have given up on eating their food.  It's the same thing day after day and I finally had enough chef salad!  I have wonderful friends and family who keep bringing delicious food and goodies...even the staff feels sorry for me having to eat the hospital slop and one of the nurses brought Jason and I homemade soup and cornbread on her day off!
Zucchini...it's the only vegetable on the menu that isn't potatoes or rice.  We haven't been brave enough to try it just by it's looks.
Jason will eat this, but I can't bring myself to do it.  I think they forgot the part that it needs to look like it tastes good too!

Random photos and thoughts from the past few weeks:

The nurses always make fun of me for all of my pillows and blankets, but a girl has to be comfy!

We have made a few alterations in the entertainment system.  Jason brought our TV from our bedroom up so we wouldn't have to look at the ceiling and listen to the sound out of the nurse call button.  He brings the DVR up on the weekend so we can catch up on our TV shows since they don't have all the good channels here.  How can they get away without having E! or TLC...those are staples!  We also brought up 2 lamps for better lighting.  It's going to take a small UHaul to move us out of here!


Last week when it was literally 12 degrees outside the heater on our floor decided not to work.  It was 58-60 degrees in our room and wouldn't get any warmer.  I have never seen Jason cranky and cold, but he was.  The nurses knew he was cold because he was wearing jeans and a jacket!  There was a blanket shortage in the hospital and they ran out of clean blankets...people were not happy.  The nurses weren't making fun of my blankets these days!  Jason lined to window with pillows and blankets and we turned to the blow dryer to stay warm.  You laugh, but it works!


Beautiful tulips my Aunt brought me...they started to droop and then our room got so cold they stood back up!

Some of my wonderful previous co-workers who came to visit.  We had a great time.  It's always a fun when they are around!

Jason knocked my toothbrush in the toilet...good thing I had a backup!




Jason took some pictures of the somewhat finished nursery...We still need to add somethings on the walls, but I am so happy with the way it turned out!

Finally I thought I would share a video that I can't help but laugh at...If you are easily offended you may not want to watch.  It's a spoof about prenatal pole dancing from Funny or Die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment