Monday, March 21, 2011

32 Weeks!

On Friday we hit a huge milestone...32 weeks!  Our next milestone is 34 weeks and then we get to meet these little guys!  I am so anxious to see what they look like.  They say that women dream about their babies, but appearently I'm not normal.  When I first got pregnant, before we knew we were having twins, I dreamed I was having a boy, but it had Hunter's face and I was disappointed that I got a dog and not a baby!   He's cute, but I would prefer that they look like us and not the dog :-)  A few weeks ago I dreamed I had 2 babies, one still looked like Hunter and the other looked like Bailey...I think I miss my pups!
Hunter 

 
Bailey

For the next 2 weeks it is the babies job to grow and develop their lungs a little bit more.  We had a sonogram on Saturday and the babies are getting so big that we couldn't even get a good view of their faces for updated pictures :-(  We tried to once again confirm that Bennett is a boy, but as Jason puts it "they both have their heads in each other's junk!"  Blake's head is so large that there was no hint to if Bennett is a boy or a girl, so to us he is still a boy.  Blake on the other hand is not shy and showed us everything.  Both babies looked good and you could see them practicing breathing.  We got to see Bennett have the hiccups!  According to the doctor they both "pass".  Blake got a 8/8 and Bennett got a 6/8 because he has no fluid (a great score considering all he has had to overcome to this point).

In the past few days, Jason and I have hit a point of frustration with being at the hospital.  They tell you to tell them if you have any changes, so when I started having contractions they said "It's normal, let us know if anything changes or if you have more than 5 in hour."  When I had more than 5 in a hour they said "It's normal, let us know if anything changes."  They wanted to know if I started swelling, when I did they said "It's normal."  When my blood pressure was high the past few days again I got "It's normal".  They give you a baseline to notfiy them if you change and when you do it's as if it doesn't bother them or there is nothing to do.  I know why we have been here for so long and if something emergent happened it's where we need to be, but I almost feel like I could have stayed in my own bed at home and gotten a fetal heart monitor and faxed them the strip to read.  When I was talking to the doctor on call this morning he told me "Don't take this the wrong way, but we don't really care about your contractions.  If you want to have these babies we aren't going to stop you and it will get you out of here a few weeks earlier."  I wasn't sure if I should say ok take them and I'm out of here, or if I should be a good soon to be mom and stay in this bed a few more weeks!  Now is not the time to tempt me with going home!  There is finally a small light at the end of the tunnel and it makes it a little harder to stay in this room another day.  It's for a good cause and if staying in this room for 2 more weeks means the babies get to come home that much sooner, that's what I'll do!

No comments:

Post a Comment