Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rough Week

This past week has been a bit of a roller coaster and in case you didn't know I'm not fond of roller coasters!  On Tuesday I started not feeling well and started having very long, big contractions every 30 minutes throughout the day.  Most contractions last about 1-2 minutes and mine were lasting about 4-5 minutes and were close to having enough intensity to go off the monitor strip.  I think I made a impression on my nurse!  They were worried I was getting a infection in my uterus and did a CBC that came back normal.  Thank goodness!  If I get infected it means I get a immediate C-Section.  I felt pretty crummy Tuesday through Friday; having a hard time staying awake, not wanting to eat and having short bouts of nausea.  All of the nurses kept telling Jason not to go too far because I was going to "declare" myself and have the babies.  I'm glad they were wrong!

I think we finally figured out the cause of why I wasn't feeling well today.  I had been taking Ambien since Monday night because I was having a difficult time sleeping.  If I lay on my right side I feel like I am smushing Bennett, and if I lay on my left side the outside of my left leg falls asleep...all that leaves is my back and I never sleep on my back (I think I'm going to have to learn!).  Last night I didn't take a Ambien and I feel and look much more human today.  I have been able to stay awake for more than 2 hours at a time and I don't look like I'm stoned!

Thursday a neonatologist (doctor that takes care of premature babies) came to talk with us after we requested the consult for a 3rd time from our doctor.  He didn't really think we needed to talk to a neonatologist and chuckled to himself when we asked again, but I really didn't care...I feel like the more information we have the better prepared we are.  Basically we will have to wait until the babies are born to really know what problems we are facing, but the good news is Bennett has good lung tissue development and is practicing breathing when we get to see him on the sonograms.  He said we should know how he is going to do after the first few days.  If we make it to 34 weeks the earliest they would get to come home would be 36-38 weeks depending on how they are eating and if they are able to regulate their temperature.  We are continuing to think positive and pray for healthy lungs.  I think both of these boys are fighters!

No comments:

Post a Comment