Saturday, May 7, 2011

More Milestones!

A lot of great things have happened in the past week!  They boys were 6 weeks old on Wednesday and both had big milestones.


My 2 sleeping angels!

Yesterday Bennett was taken off of his CPAP and put on a high flow nasal cannula!  Currently he is on 4L at 23-26% oxygen and doing great!  He is so happy to have that hat off his head and tube out of his nose!  He is getting to eat 2 bottles a day until they wean his oxygen down.  One thing I know for sure...Bennett LOVES to eat!  He is for sure a Warner :-)  He currently weighs 6 pounds 3 ounces.  I haven't been able to see Bennett since Tuesday since I have gotten a cold, but I can't wait to go scoop him up and get him out of his bed on my own!  There is no greater Mother's Day gift that he could have given me!

We took these of Bennett last weekend...they are some of my favorite so far!  He was so happy :-)


Bennett in his bouncy seat for the first time!

Bennett at 6 weeks old...he got new braces for his arm since he is able to extend them further now (145 degrees!)

Daddy and Bennett today!

Blake is doing great at home and growing like a weed.  If I had to guess I would say he is over 7 pounds.  We will find out for sure how much he weighs in a few weeks at his 2 month doctor appointment.  We had to change his formula last week to a formula that is more easily digested due to some tummy issues he was having.  I hope he is able to go back to the sensitive or regular formula soon since it is $10.00 more a can.  I about had a fit when it cost $75.00 for 3 cans!  This whole baby thing is expensive!  Blake has his first night in his big boy bed on Thursday!  He still looks so tiny in his bed, but I think it has helped Jason and I to sleep a little better at night since we can have the fan on and the room totally dark.  I think Blake likes it except that he got both of his legs through the rails last night and woke up screaming!  They tell you not to use bumpers so the baby doesn't suffocate, but they fail to tell you that the baby can get bilateral broken legs!  Thank goodness no harm was done.


Blake in his big boy bed!

Jason and I are trying to change our lifestyle to accommodate for having 2 babies at home.  I decided this week to take a stab at couponing.  I have been watching the show Extreme Couponing on TLC where they get $800.00 worth of groceries for free.  This week I spent $131.00 and saved $20.00...I'm not quite there yet!  Let me just say that you have to be very organized and dedicated to be great at couponing...I'm hoping to get a little better each week, the trick is finding time to do it between feeding, changing diapers and doing laundry (babies create a TON of laundry!).

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends uses those site they talk about all the time for coupons and apparently it really helps.

    It's great to see the boys doing so well!

    ReplyDelete