Monday, May 16, 2011

New Found Respect

No one ever told me how difficult it would be to stay at home with a baby!  Today I was peed and puked on and yelled at by Blake.  I think he has a bit of a tummy ache. I was up with him at 11pm, 1:30am, 4am, 645am, and 8am and he wouldn't eat like he normally does and was more fussy than usual.  I was so tired today that when he went to sleep so did I and I didn't get up until 1:30 this afternoon.  I didn't eat until 3pm and I finally got a shower at 5pm when Jason got home.  I was really hoping when he started eating 4 ounces that he would sleep a little longer, but that hasn't happened.

I always thought that stay at home moms had the easiest life in the world.  You stay home with the baby, clean the house, have time to make dinner and aren't stressed...I have not found this to be so.  I can't seem to get my act together.  I find it difficult to get out of my PJ's, the house is messier than ever and the day flies by and I haven't gotten anything done.  I have never felt so unproductive!  I definitely have a new found respect for stay at home moms.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy spending so much time with Blake and not missing a moment, but I just have to change my expectations for myself.  I thought I would be super mom...get everything done and have time left over.  My goal now is to get dressed and keep Blake fed and happy.  I don't know what would have happened if Bennett had been home today.  I think there would have been a lot of crying, from me and the babies!

Blake at 7 weeks...I had to play with my new photo set up that I got for Mother's Day!

Blake on Sunday...He got dressed up to go to Caleb's 1st birthday party.  They were supposed to have the same birthday, May 13th!

Bennett is still doing great on his nasal cannula.  He is still on 3L of oxygen at 24-30%.  They tried to turn him down to 2L last week, but he didn't tolerate it very well.  They did a chest x-ray 2 nights ago and it looked a little worse than his previous x-ray, but on the previous x-ray he was on CPAP so it's not a fair comparison.  He is still a happy camper and it eating more and more by bottle.  Their due date was Friday May 13th, which is when they tell you to expect premature babies to be home by, but we are hoping he is home in another 6 weeks.  We can't wait until our entire family is home together!

No comments:

Post a Comment