Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Opinionated Babies!

Both boys woke up on the wrong side of the crib today!  Blake has been grouchy for a few days partly due to a increase in his reflux, but at times he just doesn't want to be put down.  I have started him in what I like to refer to as "Twin Bootcamp"!  I am trying to treat him now as I will have to treat him when Bennett comes home.  I love to sit and cuddle with him, but soon he will have to share his time!  When I went to see Bennett today he was cranky as well.  His trouble is that he likes to party all night with the ladies in the NICU and then wants to sleep all day!  I told his nurses that him being a night owl simply won't work if they want me to keep my sanity!  His nurses Wendy and Gwen have devised a plan to switch him to being awake during the day and I think he was expressing his dislike for their plan today!  He was very happy when I put him back in his bed and he went right to sleep. 

On Saturday Meredith and Laura threw me a baby shower for close family and friends.  It was so nice to see everyone and visit for a few hours.  We got tons of wonderful baby stuff and I think the boys will be set for a while!
I had the cutest cake ever!


We didn't plan it, but we ended up with a empty seat for Bennett at his shower!

Onsie decorating...I have some very talented friends!

Sarah and Blake...she's a natural :-)

Some very good news is that in the past week Blake has decided to sleep 4 hours at night so we only have to get up 2 times at night instead of 3...it makes a huge difference!

Bennett is still chugging along.  He is still on 3L of oxygen and is usually between 24-26%.  The doctor was hoping to get him down to 21% and then turn him down to 2L, but he doesn't seem to want to go below 24%.  She told us the other day that she thinks he will come home on oxygen since it is taking a while to wean him off, but they won't send him home until he is on 1L or less.  She has taken him off the 27 calorie formula and put him on 24 calorie formula.  He is now up to eating 68cc's per feed and he eats about 4 full bottles per day. Some hopeful news for Bennett is that they aren't sure if he has a hernia or a hydrocele.  We are hoping he has a hydrocele (pocket of fluid) so he won't have to have surgery!  Hopefully they will get a surgeon or urologist from Cook's to look at it in the next few weeks.  Overall he is doing great and getting closer to coming home!  I can't wait to see my boys together :-).

Sweet Boy snuggled up with his lovie!

Bennett has had some special visitors in the past few weeks!
Poppy (Jason's Dad) held Bennett for the first time Sunday!

Katie also held Bennett on Sunday!

Grandmother (Jason's Mom) held Bennett for the first time on May 12th

Blake has been busy just being cute!
Baby burrito!  Look how big he is...he use to only take up half of his bassinet!

Chillin in the bouncy seat

Play Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment