Tuesday, August 16, 2011

5 Months!

Where has the time gone?  They boys are already 5 months old!

We are still working on 3 month milestones like rolling over (Bennett is close), but they are making huge progress every day.  Both boys are smiling and laughing which make life a ton of fun!  Bennett is such a happy guy now.  He really only gets fussy when he wants to sleep and when you lay him down he is out in no time at all unlike Blake.  For Blake to take a nap you have to work at it.  There is lots of rocking, patting, walking and crying (mostly from Blake!).  He is slowly getting better and last night he only woke up once!  That is huge progress!  After 5 months of getting up at least 3-4 times, and as many as 8 times, to only get up twice (once for Bennett and once for Blake) was like a vacation!  I could get use to that kind of sleep!

I am starting to get into a routine with them, which means things will change again soon!  I am now comfortable being home with them by myself...most of the time.  I can handle it unless they both melt down on me at the same time, then the fun begins!  I still don't dare to take them both out by myself...that's just too much with all of Bennett's equipment and trying to keep them both pleasant in public.  Yesterday our new nanny Lisa and I took the boys to 2 doctor appointments in Dallas.  I got up at 6 am to leave the house by 9 for a appointment at 10:15am and we didn't get home until 3pm.  After that the boys were exhausted and cried the last 20 minutes of the ride home.  There is no way I could have done that venture alone.

Bennett no longer has to wear his wrist brace and his right arm only lacks 20-40 degrees from being straight.  The doctor yesterday didn't feel that the bones in his forearm are fused and that his arm will continue to get better.  She did briefly mention that he may have cerebral palsy in his right arm, but then after watching him she changed her mind...I just know I felt my stomach sink when she said it.  He has enough to deal with in his life and doesn't need another thing added to his plate!  His eating hasn't improved since he has been home, if anything he is eating less.  He has now started throwing up after most of his feeds so we are trying to get into see a GI doctor to find out more.  If I knew a month ago what I know now I wouldn't have worried so much about getting the G-button...honestly I'm glad we have it now.

It is so much fun to watch our boys grow and I am excited watching them meet more milestones in the near future!
Bennett telling his cousin Maddie secrets!

Loves his bath!

Who doesn't love naked baby pictures?

Not sure what this is called but he loves it!  It's fun to watch them discover new toys!

2 comments:

  1. This post melted my heart! Still praying for you guys and so happy that you're getting more sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, just wanted to say that according to my books and babycenter.com, rolling is more like 4-6 months (4 months from front to back and closer to 6 for back to front). of course it varies a lot but they are doing great and right on target (according to my sources!!). hope you are well.
    stacy

    ReplyDelete