Friday, January 28, 2011

25 Weeks!

Today marks 25 weeks...the babies now have a 70% chance of survival if they come this week.  Being the overachiever that I am I think I wait for something in the 90% range!

Yesterday I did the dreaded 3 hour glucose tolerance test (GTT).  For those of you who have only had to do the one hour, I don't want to hear how bad the drink was.  This stuff was twice as sweet as the 1 hour (100 grams instead of 50 grams) and twice the amount.  I felt like I was drinking cold orange snow cone syrup.  So yummie first thing in the morning when you haven't eaten in 12 hours...at least after I drank it I wasn't hungry anymore!  They wouldn't start the test until 7am, which meant I couldn't eat until 10am and I am currently a bottomless pit.  I was hoping they would start about 5am so I could sleep through the hunger between feeling like I was being attacked by a vampire every hour to draw blood.  I must give the lab people credit...they did get the blood work on the first stick, which I am very grateful for!  After avoiding simple carbs the day before and drowning myself with water I PASSED!  Only my 2 hour level was high (161 and they want it below 150)...all of the other levels were well below the max range.  I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  Food is about the only thing I can control at this point and I'm so glad I didn't lose that too...BRING ON THE COOKIES (I'm going to weigh 500 pounds by the time I leave here)!

Last night my mom brought Jason and I dinner (I had a coconut cream slush to celebrate!)...way better than the so called "meat loaf" they brought up.  I should have taken a picture for you to really appreciate it!  Jake, Laura, Caleb and Jeff also came to visit.  It's so great to have such wonderful friends and family.  I have to admit that when we have visitors that we are not the quietest bunch around, but at least we are quiet by bedtime.  Last night I had to be "that person" who calls to complain about noise.  I got a new teenage neighbor yesterday and I think she decided to throw a party at midnight.  I gave them until 1am, but then I'd had enough.  I had to have the nurse get on to them (Makes me sound old, huh?).  They were quiet until about 3 am then they decided to party some more.  If I had something I could have thrown at the wall I would have!  So glad I brought ear plugs with me.  They came in very useful last night.  To say the least they are moving my wonderful neighbor to the other end of the hallway today.

I decided to entertain myself with my camera today...I thought you might enjoy some more picts!

I have deemed myself the official food critic of Harris Methodist Fort Worth
Lasagna...One of the finer 5 star meals at this establishment.  It's actually good.  I made a happy plate :-)

They are really good at making cookies here...I had to save one for Jason...he really likes them too!

The most reliable and healthiest meal.  I order it every day just in case I get mystery meat.  I am going to turn into a chef salad

For some reason I feel the need to hoard salad dressing...don't ask my why???

BELLY PICTS
I love taking pictures of my pregnant friends and thought I could recreate something with a self portrait.  They didn't turn out too bad for balancing a camera on a box of Apple Jacks and a bed tray!  I think the hospital bands add a nice touch :-)


...It won't let me upload the rest of these picts with the correct orientation so I will post them on my Facebook wall too.

Even the week before I was admitted to the hospital people kept saying "You don't even look pregnant"...My question to them is  Have I always looked like this?  If so I would hope a true friend would tell me.  I give you all permission to tell me if I look like this when I'm not pregnant!

Baby A...we will call him/her Bennett for now since no one has ever mentioned the word "Girl"...I think it's a boy until proven otherwise!

Baby B...Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment