Sunday, January 23, 2011

FYI...It's Not Time Yet!

This morning while they were monitoring the babies, Baby A decided to have some fun with the nurses.  His heart rate was in 100's-120's (they like it to be 140-160).  Let me tell you have fast they can move when they have to...I worry it may be a little fast and they may try to take the little guy before giving him a chance to stop goofing off.  They think that he may have had ahold of his own cord causing his heart rate to decrease.  After being on the monitor for about a hour with oxygen on he decided to behave and they decided that they would let him stay in.  Jason had a heart to heart with them just to let them know it's not time to come out!  They had better listen!

Before they hook me up to the monitor again Jason decided to go home and do all of my chores (laundry and food duty).  He is the best husband anyone could ask for!  He has stayed with me everyday since we got here and I know it kills him to leave because he doesn't want to miss anything.  My biggest fear is he is going to be at work and they are going to decide to have the babies without him.  They pride themselves on being able to have a baby out in 7 minutes around this place...that doesn't give anyone a chance to get here...I don't even know if that gives them a chance to knock me out!

Hopefully these babies will agree to stay in for quite a while longer...At this point they have a 51% chance of survival.  If I can make it until Friday they have a 70% chance of survival and then it keeps going up every week from there.  I'm just going to keep thinking VERY PREGNANT thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Just goes to show it is never too early to lay down the law to your children! Praying you have a long stay for those babies.

    ReplyDelete