Saturday, January 22, 2011

Not the Ritz!

After getting settled into my new home and routine I have determined it's not the Ritz!

The first 2 nights we were up and down all night, but last night we found out they are going to let me sleep from 11pm-6am without being disturbed :-)  The hospital is not the place you go for rest!  They come in twice a shift to listen to and monitor the babies, housekeeping comes once a day (usually during my morning nap), nutrition comes 3 times a day and the doctor comes in once...I'm a very busy girl!

Another bonus I got yesterday is I am allowed to walk in the hallway on the unit a few times a day...I never thought I would be so excited!

This morning they came in to listen to Baby A about 6:30am and he wasn't behaving as they wanted...I think he is just tired of being messed with and was running away from the monitor.  His heart rate was having more decelerations than what they like to see, but all is well for now.  He better get his act together!

Here are a few pictures of my new home and my fine cuisine (It's really not that bad)


That's my emergency stash of food in the right corner!


They must think I'm starving...I order as much food as will fit on a tray in case I don't like something!

The lovely view of Cook's ambulance bay...we got to pick our view.  It was this or a brick wall.  It wasn't a difficult choice!


Pizza...not too shabby.  Loaded with cheese, but yummie!

Beef enchiladas.  I thought they would be horrible, but I would get them again.  I give them a 6/10 :-)

This was by far the worst selection so far..."Carved Chicken Sandwich".  Literally a cold piece of chicken on wheat bread...that's it!  I just had to laugh when I saw it.  Thank goodness for emergency food!

So far things are going well.  We really like all of the staff and I am so glad to be here instead of Baylor Grapevine.  I think we made the right choice.  I am just keeping my fingers crossed we get to stay here quite a while longer...everyday someone is leaving the floor to have a baby, but I'm determined it won't be me for 8-10 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment