Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One Week Down!

As of today I have been here a week.  So far it's not as bad as I thought it would be...it's a little boring, but boring is a good thing around here!

I have gotten the reputation of the patient with all the pillows.  I guess that's better than the crabby lady in 370.  I only had that title on Monday when I refused to do my 3 hour glucose tolerance test (GTT).  My doctor told me that he would wait a week from my last steroid shot to repeat the test since the steroids can make your glucose high.  To say the lease I was a little hacked that he ordered it 3 days early and then didn't say anything when he came in to see me in them morning.  I basically told the nurse to not even dare to bring it into my room until Thursday...I don't think they are use to people refusing to do things on this unit.  I just feel that I have to give myself the best opportunity to pass the test so I don't have to eat even crappier food for the next 2 months.  I see it as a quality of life thing...you can't take chocolate away from a pregnant woman, especially one trapped in a tiny room all day!  Since I will be taking the test tomorrow morning I am determined low carb today.  I don't know if it will make a ton of difference, but at least I will feel I did all that I could!  Keep your fingers crossed that I pass tomorrow and that they can get all 4 blood draws on the first attempt!

Yesterday was a great day!  I had a ton of visitors and they brought food!  It is so nice to see how your friends and family all come together when you need them.  It's great to just sit and laugh with everyone since we don't always make time for each other in our busy day to day lives.

The babies have been behaving during their monitoring sessions since the slight scare on Sunday.  Jason has a little talk with them everyday before he goes to work...I never thought I would have to tell them "Don't make me call your father" this soon!  We got a sonogram yesterday, but I think it was more for our entertainment.  It took all of 30 seconds and all the doctor said was they are breathing, moving (actually kicking each other) and there is still no fluid around baby A.

Overall it has been a good week...hopefully the next 7-10 weeks will be the same!

Caleb enjoying my pillows for a little dinner!  I hope our babies are half a good as him!

No comments:

Post a Comment