Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Circle of Life

Jason and I went to our weekly doctors appointment on Monday afternoon and got to see our babies again...it never gets old!  Both babies are still growing, moving and had heart rates in the 150's (normal is 130-180).  Baby A still doesn't have any fluid around it, but at this point we really didn't expect it to.  I asked the sono tech to see if she could tell the gender of Baby A, but despite a diligent effort Baby A is still a mystery.  Dr. Tabor said that Baby A's chest still looks good and appears to have some good lung tissue developing.  There is enough room in his/her chest for lungs to develop at this point, which is the most we can ask for (besides that they stay in a while longer!).  Before we changed perinatologists over Christmas he told us that we were lucky to have twins if we were going to have a baby with ruptured membranes.  Apparently Baby B helps keep the weight of the uterus off of Baby A, which is giving it the best chance of not being "smushed" and developing correctly.

Baby A 22 weeks and 3 days...that's a foot up by it's cheek!

Baby A

Baby B 22 weeks and 3 days...I think he is going to look like Jason!

Baby B

Baby B

This is a MRI picture of Baby B that I came across the other day...Slightly creepy!



On another note we had Meme's funeral yesterday.  There is no other word to describe it other than beautiful!  She out lived most of her friends, but almost everyone that was dear to her heart was there.  The bagpiper was AMAZING and I think everyone should have one when they are laid to rest.  He brought a sense of peace, respect, and dignity to her graveside service.  I don't think there was a dry eye when he started to play amazing grace.


My dear friend Sarah was kind enough to be put to work to take some wonderful pictures for us...
Chapel service...it was too cold to have the entire service at grave side

We had to come up with 6 pallbearers on the fly and all of "her boys" stepped up.  All of these men truly cared about my Meme and she loved them dearly.  There is no one else I would have rather had carry her for the last time.

The bagpiper she always said she wanted.  We invited him to wait inside during her service, but he insisted on waiting outside for "the Queen and God".




This stands in the garden where my mom's family is buried...this is where she learned the Lord's Prayer while visiting her brother when she was young.

This is Ms. Georgeann.  She was Meme's final roommate at the nursing home and we were so grateful for her.  She would watch out for Meme and make sure she was okay.  We were so surprised to see he at the funeral...I think I have adopted her as my new grandmother...I just love her!

As life ends it begins again...Sarah said to me that she thinks my Meme left this world so my babies could enter it...I know if Meme was given that option she would have taken it.

No comments:

Post a Comment