Thursday, January 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I moved into my new home yesterday...Harris Fort Worth.  I am in Jones Tower room 370.  So far the staff is WONDERFUL and the food is only half bad!

We started out at Dr. Tabor's office yesterday morning for our weekly checkup.  Baby A is measuring 1 pound 5 ounces and Baby B is measuring 1 pound 8 ounces.  While at Dr. Tabors office he changed his story about me being on "bedrest".  I think they get you in with their lies and then BAM...tell you the truth when you can't run!  A few weeks ago he said I could go down to the cafeteria or Starbucks while I'm here, and since I am scared I'm going to starve to death over the next 2 months I could go along with that deal.  Yesterday he put me on "bedrest with bathroom privileges" plus 2 wheelchair rides downstairs a day...YIPEE!

When I got to my room I was given a steroid shot to help the babies lungs mature.  I was actually looking forward to this in hopes that it would make my back feel better and  it did!  I get another one today and then I think we are done with those.  A few hours after the steroid shot I had to do the dreaded glucose tolerance test...it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I made sure to chug water afterward in hopes I would pass...I failed by 3 points :-(  Later I saw the order in the computer to do the glucose test prior to the steroid shot and asked why.  Apparently the steroid shot can increase your glucose....gee thanks!  Now I get to do the 3 hour test next week after the steroids are out of my system.  For now I am still on a regular diet and I feel like I have to eat all the carbs in sight while I still can.  All of the nurses keep asking me why he is testing my glucose so early (they normally test at 28 weeks) and I have no idea.  I keep getting the feeling that he knows things he isn't telling us, but you have to know the exact right questions to get information out of him.  I guess at this point I am along for the ride.

For now things are going alright...I just keep praying that I don't get the label of Gestational Diabetes.  I LOVE carbs and I envision a pity party taking place if that happens!  I know it's not forever, but that would sure make it feel like a lot longer.  Guess we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment