Friday, April 1, 2011

Amazing Day!

Today was a AMAZING day.  I got to hold Bennett for the first time!  It was such a special moment.  For a little guy that wasn't supposed to make it to birth, I couldn't believe that I finally got this time with him.  I never thought this day would come for so long.




Holding Bennett for the first time!

Bennett did great today and let me cuddle with him for a hour and 15 minutes!  He wasn't too happy getting in or out of his isolette, but once I had him he was comfy as could be!  His nurse even let us take his temperature and change his diaper.  To say the least it was a huge day for mom and dad :-)

Blake is still a sleepy boy and doesn't want to really wake up to eat, but Jason is doing a great job getting him to take his bottles.  Blake still weighs 3 pounds 13 ounces and Bennett weighs 4 pounds.  We are waiting for Blake to have a few days of steady weight gain and then they will take him out of his isolette into a open air crib...after that it won't be long before we can bring him home.  The doctor told us this morning that he may come home in the next week, but Jason and I think it will be a little longer than that since he still is so hard to feed.

This is the short version of Blake waking up to eat...this usually lasts about 3 minutes and he does it at least twice every time we get him up.  Maybe I'm just partial, but I find it very entertaining!

Sweet Blake all tucked in for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment