Friday, April 8, 2011

Moving up in the NICU world

The boys are still doing great!  We are so thankful for each day that we see them and there has been another step forward...or at least not one step back. 

Bennett got moved down to a lower acuity room!  He now has a window and got exposed to natural light for the first time today!  He is in a bigger room that has fewer babies and alarms...it's more his speed!  He looked so good today.  His face was less swollen and he had his eyes open when we went in to see him.  I got to meet with the occupational therapist and she showed me how she stretches his arms and legs.  I was dreading watching her do this for the first time because all the nurses tell us how unhappy he is when they do his therapy.  I was amazed to see him lay there calmly for the majority of the time.  The worst time for him is when she stretches his arms, especially his right arm.  His right arm extends to about 90 degrees and with 15 minutes of stretching she got it to go a little past.  After his stretching the poor guy has to wear a arm brace for 3 hours.  He did so well and I am so proud of him!  I would be in a much worse mood if I had to go through everything he is going through right now.

Bennett dressed up for the first time!  I love how the nurses try to coordinate his outfits with his blankets.  They are so good to him!

It's hard to tell from this picture, but he has gotten rid of so many tubes, lines and machines!

Bennett's new home!

Blake is still on the path to come home Monday!  He is still doing great with taking all of his feeds and gaining weight.  He got to get a bath from Daddy for the first time today.  Today's bath was only a sponge bath since he got circumcised yesterday.  He was still hacked off during his bath, but I think he prefers the sponge bath to the big boy bath!  We went and bought him a bassinet tonight...I just can't imagine putting him in that huge crib yet.  I think you could fit a dozen of him in there and they would never touch! 

Daddy giving Blake a bath for the first time!  He did a great job :-)


Daddy's version of dress up!  He's rocking the mohawk!  I think he liked it :-)


It's so hard to believe that tomorrow is our last night of restful sleep and then our world as we know it will be changed with a baby in the house.  I'm sure the blog updates will become less frequent with the more sleep deprived we become!  It will all be worth it though.  I can't wait to have my boys home!

No comments:

Post a Comment