Sunday, July 31, 2011

What a Difference a Week Can Make!

What a difference a week can make...Bennett is a totally different baby!  He is the happiest guy in the world compared to when we brought him home.  He is talking up a storm and loves to smile.  I think he is going to be a little flirt!  He is much less sensitive to stimulation and now really only cries when he is hungry or tired.  It is the best feeling in the world to now be able to comfort him!






We went to the pulmonologist last week and were able to take Bennett off of one of his diuretics and we are now trying to wean him off his oxygen!  He was off for a hour the past 2 days and 3 hours today and did GREAT!  For the first time today I got to carry him around the house without a leash!  It was a surreal feeling to say the least.  While he had his oxygen off he even ate a entire bottle on his own!  I am so proud of him!

No tubes!!!

We have been working on Blake's sleep schedule the past week as well.  It was a rough start with tons of crying, but now his is going down with much less drama during the day and generally puts himself to sleep at night.  It's so nice for him not to scream for an hour or two at night.  Since we have gotten him in a better sleep pattern he is eating better and sleeping longer at night.  I am waiting for the night that he doesn't wake up at all...hopefully that will come soon!

Just like dad!

So tired!

On Friday I got to welcome little Madelyn Claire into the world.  My cousin Meredith and her husband Bryen had their first baby girl and she is ADORABLE.  I know there will be many photo sessions of her and the boys in the near future!  I hope that she and the boys grow up as close as Meredith and did, more like sisters than cousins.


Yesterday we found a nanny that will be coming a few days a week to help me with the boys and housework.  She seems very nice and I am so thankful that I will get to have her help a few days a week.  I have gotten more comfortable with taking care of the boys by myself and I know I can do it, but a extra hand is always welcome.  When you are by yourself with the babies it's pretty much nonstop baby all day long.

This past week something clicked and I finally feel like a mom.  I feel like I know what the boys need and when they need it and the best part is that I am able to comfort them both!  Right now life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment